If you already enjoy hot yoga classes at The Hot Yoga Club, this means that you are an individual that values your health. Are you curious about how to take it a step further and connect this beautiful practice to align with your daily lifestyle? Join our Thrive Health Series Community on Saturday, June 8th at 2pm to learn more!
This pilot workshop will kick off a series of conversations around health from a unique perspective; my goal is to inspire, motivate, and provide tools to make viable steps towards a healthier, happier you. We will cover health topics in a presentation format and facilitate an open and welcoming discussion with workshop participants. My goal is to create a positive and inspiring community that constructs a safe place for like-minded folks who desire a more holistic approach to life. We will also discuss personal goals, and environmental/societal challenges around health. This is geared towards individuals who want to take the next steps to improve their health, but don’t quite know how to start!
Thrive Health Series Workshop Discussion:
- Holistic Nutrition as the driving source of longevity, vitality, and disease prevention; specifically, a whole foods plant based lifestyle, quick and easy meal prep, hydration, health status in the United States, using food as medicine, etc.
- American Culture and how it impacts our health; I will extrapolate on my personal international experiences and how other cultures influenced my health today.
- Tips for optimizing your exercise routine daily, not just during your designated workout hours. Presented by Exercise Specialist, Bruno Lapolli.
- Emotional and Spiritual Wellness: Meditation (various methods)
- Self-love and honoring your journey; strip elements of your life that no longer serve you.
- Blue Zones of the world and what we can learn from them.
- “The Four Tendencies” ideology by Gretchen Rubins; analyze our personal character tendencies to be successful in the pursuit of achieving our health goals.
This workshop will be followed by a series of mini bi-weekly workshops that will cover these topics in greater depth. You will have an option to sign up for the initial workshop and continue with the bi-weekly series thereafter.
Whether you simply want to learn how to eat healthier, achieve a more balanced lifestyle, or join a community of individuals who value healthy living, you won’t want to miss out! Join us now, why wait?!
Cecilia is a health activist and enthusiast who is inspired to promote balanced living through plant-based nutrition and holistic health. She is Plant Based Certified with eCornell University, Certification by Dr. T. Colin Campbell, and Reike Level 1 certified. Cecilia received her Bachelor of Arts in Health Science Education and Latin American Studies at California State University, Chico. She has a strong passion for travel, food, and culture that has led to living in South America for over 4 years collectively where she became trilingual and established strong roots in Brazil and Chile. She lives and breathes the topic of health and continues to devote her free time to exploring disease prevention through plant based nutrition and holistic health.
She loves spending her time doing yoga, dancing, hiking in Upper Bidwell Park, and inventing new cruelty-free recipes in the kitchen. She hopes to continue her education in nutrition and dietetics with an emphasis on plant-based nutrition. She and her Brazilian partner will share their knowledge on health and hopefully inspire you to become the most authentic and vibrant version of yourself!
Bruno is a Brazilian born exercise specialist with an emphasis in quality of life, physical activity, and well-being. He is currently getting his master’s degree at Chico State University in Kinesiology with a focus on quality of life, physical activity and epidemiology. He is also working as a personal trainer at Chico Sports Club, a local gym in Chico.
Prior to moving to California, he got his Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology at one of the most prestigious universities in Brazil (Federal University of Santa Catarina – UFSC) on the beautiful island of Florianopolis. His passion for movement is infectious; he is a sports enthusiast and strives to live out his profession in his day to day life while helping those around him attain health through fitness. Bruno encourages his clients, peers, and friends to find their own motivation for moving their bodies. On his free time, he loves playing Brazilian music on the guitar, including Bossa Nova and Samba. Come meet Bruno to learn more!